Today's gem is found in Deut 13:6-10. In these verses, god commands the brutal murder of anyone, including family members, who worships a different god than you:
6. If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7. Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8. Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9. But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
10. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
That's right, folks! You can now legally murder someone! All you have to do is prove they don't believe in your god, and as long as you kill in the prescribed manner (bashing out their brains with a rock) you are guiltless before god! Yes, god delights in the brutal murder of your non-believing family members. But don't forget that he gave a completely contradicting commandment in the very same book of Deuteronomy: Thou Shalt Not Kill.
Deuteronomy is one of my favorite books of the Bible. Why? Because it contains so many damning things in it! God gives endless commandments to kill... then he turns around and commands everyone to NOT kill. Can this perfect being, who never changes, ever make up his mind?
All this and more can be found in the "perfect" word of god! Stay tuned...