Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Is There An Afterlife?

I'm not going to sit here and say yes there is or no there isn't. I will say that I hope there is! I would love to live forever and continue to learn and grow.

We have all heard stories of people having near death experiences where they claim to have visited other places and seen great things. I have no doubt that they believe they really did. But was it an actual out of body experience, or was it just their mind playing tricks? How come some of these people can retell events that they saw while they were dead, events that really did happen in other rooms and other places?

I think I mentioned a few posts ago that I was once in contact with an ex-mo who claimed to have an out of body experience. This person completely abhors Mormonism and Christianity and yet strongly believes in an afterlife.

Why get my hopes up? What lies beyond this life is a great mystery. Each person eventually discovers the answer, but unfortunately is unable to share it since they are dead. As a Mormon, I actually thought that I would never die. There are rumors going around in the church that some people have their patriarchial blessings promise them that they will be alive when Christ comes. I really believed that I would be alive when Christ comes and would therefore be "twinkled" into an immortal. Talk about wishful thinking. But I really did believe it. Of course, I had to come to terms with the fact that no one can escape death. It sucks, but it's a fact of life.

The way I see it, it will be fine either way. If I die and there is an afterlife, then great. I'll still be alive. If I die and that is the end, or my soul ceases to exist, then that's okay too since I won't exist anymore I won't have anything to worry about.

Then of course is the question, if there is an afterlife, what will it be like and who will be there? Will there be some type of god? Will there be a judgement? If so, what will my reward or punishment be? Since I don't believe in sin, what will that judgement, if any, be based upon?

I'm not holding my breath. I'll just find out what lies beyond when I go there. If by some odd reason, I've made a serious mess of my life and there really is a Mormon god, then I'll deal with it when I get to it. But that Mormon god will have some serious questions to answer. Afterall, god, who is supposedly without sin, has murdered people according to the Bible, so if he tries to pull a holier-than-thou on me, he'll get it right back in his face! I'm more righteous than god since I have never killed anyone. So fuck you, god. You hypocritical bastard! You're going to damn me to hell when you've killed people and impregnated a woman outside of marriage? I've never done any of those things so FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!

When I get to the afterlife, I'm going to kick god's ass!

Just another evil apostate...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,I bow to(the God in)you.
Whether you are 'evil' or 'good', you are part of all-pervading God.Hence the salutation to you at the beginning that the Sath-naathana(Truth-based)/eternal religion of India teaches me.I wont bore you more and come to the purpose of this commn. of mine.My blog-http://dhaamu.blogspot.com- on Pre-Muhamadh makka may be definitely interesting to you.Pl. read and comment

Anonymous said...

It's sad to see how much hate has built up inside of you. So much so that it has taken over your entire life. Are you really happy? Do you really feel like you are doind "good" or "helping someone"? It just sounds like you're a hateful bitter human being who is now waisting all of their time spewing hate. Don't bother rebutting because I won't ever be here again.

Mormon411 said...

Thank you s.damodaran, I will check out your blog soon.

Anon,

Yes, the hate is flowing through me, so much that I want to force choke everyone to death.

I like your term "spewing hate". I just get a real distrubing image in my mind. Every time I open my mouth, hate comes pouring out. It's green and bubbly, kind of resembling vomit.

I'm curious, how much of my blog did you actually read? Did you manage to read my post about being the ONLY person in my entire neighborhood who was willing to help a neighbor move? If I'm so full of hate and spend ALL my time spewing hate, why was I the only person who helped? Active Mormons wouldn't help him, even after he asked them for help.

What exactly is your definition of hate? Expressing one's disbelief in a certain religion? Sure, I told god "FUCK YOU" because that bastard wants to damn me for doing things he has done himself. That's not hate; it's calling out a hypocrite.

A waist is something around your middle that grows bigger when you eat too much. Is waisting the act of increasing your waist, or trying to get rid of it? I think the word you were looking for is "wasting".

Since I am a grown adult, why don't you let me decide whether or not I am wasting all my time. FYI, I am in school (pulling straight A's) and I work. I spend about 1% of my time on this blog.

What does Quai-Gon Jinn tell Anakin in Starwars, Episode I? "Your focus determines your reality." In other words, you will see what you are looking to see. It appears to me that you see hate because it is what you are looking for. There isn't any hate here. There might be anger, swear words, blasphemy, sarcasm, etc., but there is no hate. I think it is you who needs to re-think a couple of things. Do a word search on any and all of my posts and you will not find one place where I claim to hate anyone or anything. I hate tomatoes but I don't think that counts.

Am I really happy? YES. I've never been more self confident and sure of myself than I am right now. But since I am an apostate, I must be lying, right? Because you can ONLY be happy if you fully comply with Mormonism. That is a lie, my friend, and they have you hook, line, and sinker!

I damn well will reply to you. If you weren't planning on coming back, you wouldn't have left that very thoughtful comment for me.

So re-think a few things. I would love you to get back to me and tell me your definition of hate.

Anonymous said...

Dear Fellow Anon,

If you had any idea how awful your religion really was, you'd probably be just as angry. Most ex-mormons are mad because they spend their entire lives drenched in the doctrine. They made sacrifices that they realize were not neccessary. They damned people everywhere who were not obeying the scriptures. Basically, they are embarrassed for being such a jack-ass for so many years. Hopefully one day you may see it too.