Monday, March 3, 2008

Last Week I Followed the Spirit!

Mormons believe that if they fully comply with all the rules and regulations of Mormonism, then they will have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. It serves to give warnings and promptings to the worthy. ONLY RIGHTEOUS MORMONS are entitled to this special gift.

Last week I was a little late to somewhere I needed to be and when one is late, it is natural to push on the gas petal. However, I entered a certain area and had a distinct feeling that I should slow down, despite the fact that I was running way behind. I followed my gut and slowed down to the posted speed limit.

I hadn't even gone a block when I noticed a uniformed state revenue officer hiding there radaring drivers. If I had not slowed down, I definitely would have gotten pulled over. And cops in Utah do not give warnings. If you get pulled over, you know they are going to hang you out to dry by your toenails.

So anyway, I avoided receiving a ticket because I followed my feelings. What does this mean?

According to Mormonism, only the righteous are allowed to have the privilege of this "defense system". However, I am apostate and openly blog against the church. So obviously the spirit is no longer with me. So how do you Mormons explain that warning I had? Isn't the "spirit" only reserved for the elite Mormons?

What this really means, folks, is that the "spirit" (whatever it is) is not only reserved for elite Mormons. Maybe it was just a feeling; maybe it really was a warning from the supernatural. I don't know. All I do know, is that it felt just like the Mormon spirit and it saved me from getting into trouble with the law.

Maybe this post will get some of you thinking. Maybe it will demonstrate that you alone do not have all the special powers and promptings. Maybe it will help you see that non-Mormons benefit from that special feeling as well. Maybe that will help you realize that you're no better or worse than any other religion.

People in other religions get blessings and they get well, just as often as Mormons do... Doh! But they don't have the priesthood! How is that possible? Uh, maybe it's just random chance like I've been saying all along. People in other religions get their prayers answered just as often as Mormons do. They take it as a sign that their religion is true.

Can't you see, Mormons, that you're no different or special than any other religion (or even the average apostate for that matter)? You have no more special powers then them and you get blessings and healings and prayers answered no more often than they do. Open your eyes and see that you're just in another religion and since the occassional good thing happens to you, it must mean your church is true.

Human beings truly are gullible. Open your eyes and see the truth!

Just another evil apostate...

No comments: