Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 21, 2011

I was driving down the freeway the other day and I passed a billboard with a warning:

May 21, 2011, is the day of Armageddon; the end of the world.

Folks, you have one week to find god and accept him into your hearts!

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

Now, being the unbeliever than I am, I am going to call BULLSHIT to the whole thing. In one week from now, when nothing at all has happened, I wonder what their excuses will be when they are wrong, as they always are, on predicting the end of the world.

I wonder how much money is wasted putting up billboards and printing tracts that could have been used for a good cause, rather than spreading their fairytale bullcrap about the end of the world.

Why are religious fanatics so obsessed with the end of the world anyway? If there is an end of the world, it will be because these fanatics made it happen in the name of god.

So here I am, predicting a week in advance, that the end of the world will NOT be on May 21, 2011. Am I a prophet? No. I'm a free-thinker.

When nothing happens in a week from now, I hope it will make a few people start actually using their brains!

Click here to read about the idiot who put up his life savings to fund this ad campaign.

4 comments:

Jamie Lyn Masters said...

Oh crap! Looks lime I'm SOL.

Heather said...

When the end of the world doesn't happen they will most likely say we weren't ready yet, we weren't worthy, or they will fallback on the Mayan 12-21-12 time. Its bull.

And who in the hell sinks that kind of $$ into something so ridiculous?!

Seriously...self fulfilled prophecy is a very scary concern.

Mormon411 said...

I feel kinda sorry for the guy as this will basically ruin him. He's expecting to be in heaven in a week from now when he will actually be out on the street. I can't even comprehend how someone could be so deluded by fantasy that they would do that. But hey, this guy actually practices what he preaches. Didn't Jesus say to sell everything you have and "come follow me"? I can't think of a better example than this. It's just too bad that all that dedication is aimed in the wrong direction.

EriK said...

Being a Biblical Christian, I immediately called BS myself, since Jesus says that 'no one knows the day or the hour of my return, neither man, nor angels, nor the Son, but the Father only.'

That any man should pretend to know when Jesus will return when Jesus doesn't (or at least didn't) know it Himself, is the height of arrogance and is very easily refuted with Scripture.

This is easily confirmed by looking at what Harold Camping's 'reasoning' was for this date: he butchers scripture and basically claims to have privileged information, which is unBiblical.

Lastly, yes, he does have a backup date for the 21st of some month 5 or 6 months after may. October, I believe?

When it doesn't happen then, I hope they all leave their heresy behind.