Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pests For The Lord

I have a Mormon acquaintance who is somewhat aware of my apostacy. In fact, when I quit going to church, this certain person became the lords personal pest to get me back to church. I had to write several emails asking this person to PLEASE lay off. Even now, this indivitual still tries to drop subtle hints.

What makes it all the more interesting is that all the goodie Mormons who are trying to get me back to church have all had major rebellions in the past. Everyone seems to think that it is okay if THEY have their fun but not me. One such person did drugs, sex, drinking, smoking, you name it. Another person lived in a non-marital relationship for several years. And yet it is all of these that are playing their holier-than-thou card on me.

Even more ironic is the fact that I am still practically "temply worthy" by their standards, other than plain out not believing in Jesus Christ and having the occasional beer.

But anyway, this persons latest attempts at my reactivation include something like the following:

Each president of the church has done some special errand for the lord. God won't let them die until they do it. President Howard W. Hunter stressed temple attendance. When the people went to the temple more, he died. Ezra Taft Benson stressed reading the Book of Mormon more often. When the people did that, the lord took him.

This individual has actually repeated this to me a few different times and very much believes that it is proof that the church is true.

Of course, to a person like me, it only makes the church reek more and more of cult. Follow the prophet, follow the prophet, follow the prophet. Whatever the man says, you better damn well do it! Who needs a god when you can have a Mormon prophet who "knows the way"!

No comments: