Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Mormon Testimony

"It's such a neat thing that when I need to hear something the very most, often times I usually hear it. I am so grateful for that, and most importantly during this strange, difficult, confusing time in my life I'm so grateful for the gospel, my Heavenly Father, and his Son Jesus Christ. I would be so lost without this church and without my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for His influence in my life every day. I'm so grateful for the surety that I know, for myself, that no matter what obstacles life throws at me I will be okay because the Lord is on my side. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost in my life and for it's constant and never ending guidance. I know this gospel and this church is true with every fiber of my body. I know it more than I've ever known anything before. I know that I am a Daughter of God, and that I am loved. I know that Heavenly Father is so aware of me, and my problems, and my concerns, and my doubts, and my fears. I know that He is keeping a close watch over me. I know that each and every one of the gospel principles are true, and that it is all a small part that leads to Heavenly Fathers great plan for each of us. The Atonement was real, and it's amazing to me how much it blesses my life every day. I am so grateful that the Savior loved each one of His children enough to die for us. And I am truly amazed how merciful and giving our Father in Heaven is and how little he asks of us in return. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood, and for the miracles it has created in my life. I know that the power of prayer is real, and I know that the scriptures can impact our lives in unbelievable ways if we let it. I love this beautiful gospel, I love my Heavenly Father and Savior, and I am so grateful for this wonderful time of year to remember Christs birth, and the significance of His life. I'm so grateful for that. And above all I can't wait to return home to my Heavenly Father in Heaven one day. And oh what a wonderful day that will be."

Kenna Christensen of: http://andsohesenthisonlybegottenson.blogspot.com/ (Unfortunately, this link no longer works. It appears that this blog has been removed.)

Now that's a mouthful! This is a typical Mormon testimony. It's full of "I know" and "I'm so grateful". This one is particularly interesting.

"It's such a neat thing that when I need to hear something... I usually hear it."

Okay, what the hell does that mean? God has nothing better to do than just sit around and wait for you to need to hear something. That MUST mean the church is true!

"...during this strange, difficult, confusing time in my life I'm so grateful for the gospel..."

Your testimony is full of I know this and I know that, and yet you admit that you're confused.

"I know that Heavenly Father is so aware of me, and my problems, and my concerns, and my doubts, and my fears."

Doubts? I thought you KNOW. In fact, you state that you "know this gospel and this church is true with every fiber of my body."

"I would be so lost without this church and without my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for His influence in my life every day."

I don't know why so many Mormons are so readily willing to admit how lost they would be. It's just like saying, "Without someone to do my thinking for me, I would be a complete and total fuckup!"

"I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost in my life and for it's constant and never ending guidance."

The HG must be doing a lousy job because you admit that you're both confused and doubtful. Besides, are you telling me that because of the HG, you have never made a bad decision in your entire life?

This is a perfect example of a cookie cutter testimony. If you attend any LDS service on the first Sunday of the month, you can hear person after person get up and state nearly the same thing.

"I'm so grateful"

"I know"

"Prophets"

"Temples"

"Priesthood"

"Joseph Smith"

In this testimony, she says "I am so grateful" nine times.

She says "I know" nine times as well.

Mormons know. As soon as they can talk, they "know" the church is true.

This is a sad example of someone who has switched their brain to "auto-pilot". She openly admits that without the church she would be lost. All she can say in her testimony is what she has heard repeated to her hundreds if not thousands of times. It's sad. She "knows" so much and yet knows nothing at all. Without some invisible ghost to guide her, she would be wandering aimlessly like a lost child.

LDS, Inc. wants all of it's members to be as hopelessly dependant on the system as this poor girl is. This girl is a guaranteed source of income for another 60 to 70 years!

No comments: