Thursday, June 17, 2010

As If Church Wasn't Already Boring Enough...

LDS, Inc. is shooting themselves in the foot by making church so boring that more and more people are going inactive! Read on...

Apparently over on MormonMatters.org there is a section similar to Dear Abbey, where people can submit questions to askmormongirl@gmail.com. The following is the question of the day and I couldn't help but be amused as I read it:

"I am having great difficulty buying into the gospel principle manual being used in our Relief Society / Priesthood lessons. I just feel that I can get so much more out of a lesson by reading it myself, as the instructors have been asked to stick to the manual, or go do an in-depth study of a different topic on my own. I understand we have thousands of new members that need to learn the basics, but isn’t that what the gospel principal Sunday school class is for? Anyone else having difficulties with this?

"Perhaps it’s just me, but I think the church is really losing its 18-30 age group (both married and unmarried) due to church being dreadfully boring!! I know myself, and several others (in different wards with different teachers) just dread going to church due to the poor classes. No new material is being presented, and instead we’re learning things that have been pounded into us since Primary. Help?"

To see the reply and the follow up comments, please visit: http://mormonmatters.org/2010/06/14/ask-mormon-girl-sunday-lessons-are-so-basic-theyre-driving-me-crazy-help/#more-11687

What do ex-Mormons think about the new policy of the church to standardize all the lessons? Click here to find out!

No comments: