Thursday, September 27, 2007

Do Tithes Really Bring Blessings?

I was driving home today and from the freeway I could see the LDS cult's Salt Lake City temple. A myriad of thoughts went through my head including the following about tithing:

In almost every church published magazine, you can find an article about tithing. Whether it is talks given by general authorities or testimony letters sent in by members, their purpose is to try to convince everyone to pay tithing. The promise is that you will be blessed beyond measure. To back up that promise, there is always a story about someone who paid tithing and got a raise at work, or something like that.

Now with 4 million active Mormons around the world, I think the chances are pretty high that somewhere, someone paid tithing and had a stroke of good luck. This coincidence is immediately published as proof that tithing really works. And it happens enough times that they keep publishing the stories.

But I don't see that as proof that tithing works. In fact, I see it as proof that tithing doesn't work. If there are 4 million active tithe payers, then there should be 4 million stories about the millions of blessings received. The fact that there are only a few is nothing more than large numbers producing a few "miracles".

The LDS church leaders know that the chances of a "miracle" (a.k.a. coincidence) happening on a periodic basis is very high. Maybe one or two a day. That is more than enough FPR's (Faith Promoting Rumor) for them to spew from the pulpit and keep the general membership in awe about how awesome tithing is.

If this truly is the case, why does Utah lead the nation in bankruptcies and foreclosures? I mean, if the members are supposedly getting showered with blessings, how come they can't even afford to make their house payments?

Come on, LDS cult leaders, why don't you tell the real truth about tithing? How about publishing the story of every family who sacrifices to pay tithing and then goes hungry? Or how about the family that chooses to pay tithing over their mortgage because they are expecting some huge reward, and they end up getting a foreclosure?

But the church leaders know that the negative effects of paying tithing far outweigh the positive coincidences. But like always, the deceptive LDS leaders show their members the exception to the rule, rather than the norm. They are just following the old Mormon tradition of lying and deceiving their followers.

I know for a fact when I was an active Mormon and faithful tithe payer, I sure didn't get showered with blessings. Sure, there was a time when I payed tithing and then my mom helped me out financially, but that's no miracle. My mom would have helped me anyway. The guy in the Ensign who paid tithing and got a raise would have gotten his raise anyway. It's all just a bunch of coincidences that the church uses as evidence for the power of tithing. But open your eyes people! Have you ever noticed that it always happens to some guy in the Ensign, but never to you? If it truly is real, it should be happening to every single faithful tithe payer every single day.

But that just doesn't happen. Because the law of tithing is a fraud.

Just another evil apostate...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been recently excommunicated from the Church. Without going into explicit details, lets just say that the Stake President was "on the fence" but he could not ignore the "whisperings of the spirit". I suspect what made it difficult is that I make a buttload of money and I have ALWAYS paid a full tithe. He had the audacity to pull me aside and tell me that even though they were kicking me out, that I could still get around that little "rule" and pay tithing even though I wasn't a member anymore. Unbelievable.

Mormon411 said...

Incredible! It is quite amazing to me how obvious it is that they are after your money. They are not even discreet about it. These frauds use the name of Jesus to rake in their millions. Shame on them!